Well it's Monday, and this morning I was ok with that. Sound unusual for the girl who has mastered early morning groans and a black widow like personality if woken up when she's not ready?
You see this week is a holiday week. That means several things
1) I only have to work 3 days
2) I get to go home
3) Christmas crafting can officially start!
I don't have hard set rules like no listening to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving or no hot chocolate. But I guess I'm just not in the mood to Christmas craft until after Thanksgiving. I have lots of things to do for Christmas and lots more to get ready for our families big New Year's party. I need to have a card making day that's for sure :)
My car is loaded completely full of food storage things for my mom. In fact I had to relocate the essential oils from the floor board because my car was starting to smell like a health food store. I also have a suspicion that my car might just explode-I have butane gas. Is it ok if it sits in my car overnight--repeatably? Today as I was driving I was thinking maybe not. Cross your fingers I make it home in one piece.
I have a full weekend planned. We of course are going to stuff ourselves on the big day. Our tradition has changed and we now go to a wonderful restaurant instead of cooking ourselves. I used to think eating out on Thanksgiving was blasphemy and dishonor to the day of home, family, and traditions....but the good news is I saw the light and have since repented. It's not too late for you to see the light either. Not convinced....here are my reasons for loving it:
*We get all dressed up
*Everyone is excited
*There are no kitchen slaves
*The food at Garden House is next to heavenly...
*Everyone enjoys the food and the ambiance much more
This is my most favorite reason:
*We have the rest of the day to be together. There's no cleaning, putting the house back together, naps from slave exhaustion, or cranky mom's who are mad at their plugged disposal.
In my book, it's an all around winner. The only exception to this rule is if you go somewhere plane/ordinary. The key to a successful dinning-out-on-Thanksgiving is a wonderful restaurant!
So the rest of the weekend will be spent making Christmas candy, assembling holiday boxes to mail, getting the x-mas tree, decorating, and an 20-mile bike ride with my dad in Zion's.
Boy I can't wait!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(54)
-
▼
November
(10)
- Is celery really what people say it is? That you ...
- What a fun evening I had! Living in the populated ...
- Well it's Monday, and this morning I was ok with t...
- Man, today was just not my day. I woke up and DID...
- Hip Hip Hooray! That's what I thought when I woke...
- You all know how I feel about Monday, so I won't b...
- Sunday's are glorious. Yep that's all there is to...
- Oh glorious Friday! It couldn't have come at a be...
- MINI GOLF!!! Yes, this happens to be the first tim...
- Happy HalLOwEeN!This year since I wasn't home, my ...
-
▼
November
(10)
No comments:
Post a Comment