How's Monday going for everyone after a break? I was all pumped to get back in my schedule, but this morning I woke up really late and felt like doing nothing. Maybe tomorrow?
I had such a good break! I even have a picture to post, but that will be later since I am at work. Thursday I went for a pre-feast walk with my mom and sisters. Then we got ready and headed off to Garden House for our Thanksgiving meal. We were seated in our usual spot which is the furthest away from anyone else. I think they do this because 7 people intimidates them. We could be possibly loud or disruptive.... So since we were by ourselves we enjoy our selves. It took awhile for our waitress to come (probably because she had to walk so far). But finally the chef come out with the waitress and tells her to be good to us because we are "regulars" and Thanksgiving is one of our favorite times to come. He then gave us a personal tour of the culinary delights. When I finally went for dessert I spoted my favorite out of the corner of my eye. Nope not pecan pie, not pumpkin pie...Tiramisu. The chef gave me the run down of the Tiramisu. He told me the key ingredient and how he made it. Yes, it's true I do love that dessert. I know it has coffee in and on it, but I can't help it. My first introduction to this heavenly layered fluff dessert was in Germany. Everyone around me was refusing the dessert because it had coffee, but It tired it due to "cultural experiences". Yep, I was hooked! However, I decided that putting us by ourselves is probably best. When my sister got a raspberry stuck in her straw, my medical sister said it looked like a blood clot (which it did). There were a few other inappropriate things said, so all-in-all it was best. The food was amazing as usual :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Later that evening all of my sisters went to New Moon. I haven't read the books, but the movies always come out at Thanksgiving and since we always go to a movie on Thanksgiving-I go. Do you know what I think? I think Edward is the typical (minus the vampire part) trashy guy who leads girls on and then crushes their hearts. But wins them over by again by coming back. He thinks by being charming and handsome it doesn't matter. The point of the story is-you broke her heart-JERK! I am totally team Jacob. Jacob is the under dog in our everyday life that has to deal with first place stars like Edwards and has to mend all the broken hearts.
Well enough ranting. The rest of the weekend was just nice and chill. A little shopping, Christmas Candy making (success story tomorrow), and lots of fun!
Now onto Christmas.
ugh. The movies so do not portray Edward correctly. If you would just read the books I know you would be team Edward.
ReplyDeleteFun Thanksgiving! Next year I want to try that. I spent two days cooking and it was mostly all nasty.
ReplyDelete