Sometimes I have struggles as how to start a post. It's like starting a research paper, writing in your journal, or even writing a letter to someone. Where to start. I feel like all my journal entries start the same. Even when I think I'm being creative or have a clever opening line...all I have to do is go back a few pages and see that it's merely a repeat. Poor me.
But alas, one must start somewhere.
The first day of school.
I'm so over the hype of new pencils, eraser tops, and matching folders. I do however, still get nervous for my first class and get caught up in the "what should I wear for the first day of school" craze the night before. Why? At least I've stopped having the dreams where I forgot to get dressed, forget to go to school, get lost, go to the wrong class, etc. I've had to laugh the past week as I see mom's with their freshman daughters grocery shopping (I remember those times). Girl with packed cars bringing every single belonging they own, including the pink fuzzy decorative pillow :) Because this year, I did as little as possible to get ready and as much as possible to forget about starting.
But here's the low down on classes:
Ethics-it's going to be a fun debate class. My professor teaches with his shoes off-proof of a good start.
Statistics of behavior-going to be a challenge, but I'm excited
Human life span-my teacher is...passionate should we say about his subject? I think so far he gets the prize for talking the fastest (he even beat out my last semester teacher and I didn't think that was possible)
Current topics in Family Studies-going to be lots of work but oh so fun. Each of us have to create a curriculum based on a subject (ie: family abuse, teen pregnancy, single mothers, family finance, etc.) and then compile a 2 hour lesson plan and then present/teach it to the community. Intimidating for sure, but I think it's going to be quite rewarding. My first thought is this: two part class on eating disorders/self esteem. First hour will be geared towards the parents, second will be towards teens. So for the parent part, have it be more of an awareness type thing with signs with info on eating disorder signs, how to talk to your kids about eating disorders, how to positively encourage kids who struggle with ED, etc. Then with the teens, I want to do some self esteem building activities, try to open up the subject of eating disorders so it's not such a taboo topic, and try to help them see themselves positively. What do you think? I'll be doing lots of research, interviews, and reading...but any ideas are welcome.
D&C-My teacher is great. I can tell this is going to be a really great class.
Waitlist class-I had to drop one class, so I'm kind-of waiting to see which class I get into.
But overall I'm so excited for my classes. It's going to be an intense semester, filled with lots of reading, studying, and lab time. But this is what I've been waiting for-to finally get in the upper level classes where I can get into the meat of things.
So there you have it. Let the games begin!
Friday, August 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(64)
-
▼
August
(9)
- Sometimes I have struggles as how to start a post....
- Oh it's been a long time since I've actually WRITT...
- Picking up from the last post, here are some of my...
- Ocean II
- We pulled into Morehead City late at night, but th...
- Post #100
- Thanks to some experienced beach goers, we were gi...
- Whew! I'm back from a week of relaxation, fun, an...
- Friday we all met up and went to the Draper temple...
-
▼
August
(9)
Are you over the hype of 4 new back-to-school chapsticks?!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun semester. And I like your idea for you presentation. :)
ReplyDelete