Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We pulled into Morehead City late at night, but the smell of the ocean was too strong to resist. So we unloaded our stuff and headed straight for the beach. At 11:30pm, the beach is empty. All you hear are waves crashing on shore. The moon lighting the peaks of the waves, making the ocean look like a painting. Oh and did I mention the smell. There is nothing like the smell of the ocean. With those three things combined, my soul is instantly at peace. All the stress that weighs me down is instantly gone and some how it feels like everything will be ok. I don't know why the ocean does that (perhaps I should relocate), but it does. We climbed up on the lifeguard seats and sat there for hours watching and listening. All I know is that it's been way too long since I last saw the ocean.

We spent three wonderful days at the beach. We'd play in the sand, bob in the ocean, have a snack, take a nap, and run back in the water again. Thanks to the awesome accommodations we had, when we were tired we'd go back home and shower and get ready for some yummy dinner.

Just looking at these pictures makes me miss the ocean. I think you can count on me one day living by the ocean :)











2 comments:

  1. Maybe you missed you calling in life and really should open a fish and chip stand on the beach! I really like that first pier pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me together sista! Oceanside dwellers... ah what a wonderful thought.

    ReplyDelete

Followers