Monday, August 2, 2010



Friday we all met up and went to the Draper temple. What a good experience we had. It was so awesome to see all of us in the temple, worthy and faithful in the gospel. As we sat in the chapel together, facing the font, I was just so grateful for all the blessings the gospel provides. We had three strong priesthood holders with us and each one was asked at the recommend desk if they held the priesthood. All three answered with an affirmative yes. That made me proud! Then as we were all sitting in white I saw the whole plan a little better. We were all together as family doing work so families can be united and brought into the gospel plan. It made me grateful that temples dot the earth, for the priesthood being restored so ordinances can be preformed, and for a loving Heavenly Father.

That night we had a yummy BBQ, laughed, and then it got to the point of being slap happy. We have some goofy kids, that's for sure :)

Saturday we were up bright and early and off to Lagoon. It worked out just great, we slit into groups according to "bravery". Nathan and Megan were on the 10 scale and Lou and I were on the 1 scale. So everyone grouped and went on their ways. We met up at lunch and had sandwiches and yummy dried apples (thanks to grandpa for making them and manda for bringing them). It was good to rehydrate and sit in the shade for a minute. It sure what a hot day! Then after lunch the 1 group headed to the water and left early, while the 10 group stayed later and continued to give themselves a thrill. We all regrouped in the evening and were all sunburned, sun baked, dehydrated, and zoned out. Some opted to watch a movie, others went to bed before 10 pm.

Sunday I made yummy blueberry-banana-oatmeal pancakes and then we all said our good-bye with lots of hugs.

What a good group of kids! We talked to Bri about his mission. He can turn is papers in any time in August, we asked him when he'd actually do it and he said, "As soon as I can, why wait when I know it's what I need to do." Ya, he's my cousin :)




Well I'm out for a week, off to see my friend in North Carolina! I'm sure it will be boring and no fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers