After several hours of fun, we dumped the bucket and let them go. However, they wouldn't go....hummm. So instead of letting them stay out in the sun and get eaten by a bird, I grabbed a stick and tried to help them in. Well you can imagine what happened. They did not like that and started coming after me. My crabbing partner started screaming and ran and I was left, my shoe stuck in the mud. We're just lucky I made it out alive. What I should have done is scooped up the little fellows and dropped them in boiling water. That would teach them a lesson!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Thanks to some experienced beach goers, we were given a tip that crabbing was super fun and a 'must try'. You didn't have to tell us twice! We bought some bait, string, and made our way down to a swampy bank. What a hoot! We attached some bait to the end of our hook, threw it in, and waited for a tug. Then you slowly bring in the string and watch the little crap ferociously attacking the meat. If the crab is too busy eating and you are quick with the net, you can scoop the little guy up and put him in your bucket. However, we did have one crab out smart us. We called him, THE DADDY CRAB. Boy oh boy he was just too smart for us. We slowly reeled him in, time after time, but as soon as he'd come close enough that we could see him he'd let go and scurry back into the water. After about 30 minutes of this game, he left :( leaving me with no prize daddy crab in my bucket.
After several hours of fun, we dumped the bucket and let them go. However, they wouldn't go....hummm. So instead of letting them stay out in the sun and get eaten by a bird, I grabbed a stick and tried to help them in. Well you can imagine what happened. They did not like that and started coming after me. My crabbing partner started screaming and ran and I was left, my shoe stuck in the mud. We're just lucky I made it out alive. What I should have done is scooped up the little fellows and dropped them in boiling water. That would teach them a lesson!







After several hours of fun, we dumped the bucket and let them go. However, they wouldn't go....hummm. So instead of letting them stay out in the sun and get eaten by a bird, I grabbed a stick and tried to help them in. Well you can imagine what happened. They did not like that and started coming after me. My crabbing partner started screaming and ran and I was left, my shoe stuck in the mud. We're just lucky I made it out alive. What I should have done is scooped up the little fellows and dropped them in boiling water. That would teach them a lesson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(64)
-
▼
August
(9)
- Sometimes I have struggles as how to start a post....
- Oh it's been a long time since I've actually WRITT...
- Picking up from the last post, here are some of my...
- Ocean II
- We pulled into Morehead City late at night, but th...
- Post #100
- Thanks to some experienced beach goers, we were gi...
- Whew! I'm back from a week of relaxation, fun, an...
- Friday we all met up and went to the Draper temple...
-
▼
August
(9)
What an adventure!! I wanna go crap catching lol.
ReplyDelete