The day started with meeting an old high school friend. We were best friends in high school and then after high school we both just flew in different directions. But I tracked her down :) Lately I've been in a reconnecting mode. There were so many people who meant the world to me and I want them back in my life. We chatted for four hours and caught up on life the past FIVE years (I'm feeling old). It was so good to catch up! Good to see that life has treated her well and that she's doing well. It was very much needed!
Then I zipped up to SLC to catch up with these fun girls. This was a very fun apartment!
I haven't seen two of these girls for several years. That's way too long! It was so fun to go shopping with them and catch up on everyone's life. They each seem to be finding their way and finding happiness. The only sad part was the one roommate who was missing due to her mission.
The reason all of this was happening....
Because this roommate found the love of her life. Thanks Ash for having a reason for all of us to get together :) It is Spring and we all know that means wedding season, but this one was especially sweet. Ash was one of my favorite roommates. We spent many hours talking. We had a lot of the same fears and frustrations. The whole dating area can be frustrating! So to see her fall madly in love, with I dare say the perfect guy, was even more amazing. I could go on for hours about how excited I am. All night I kept saying, "Ash is married". She was just so happy she glowed. One I expect to be that happy.
I need a Saturday to recover from my Saturday. It was a full day, exactly what I needed. It was just so good to see so many wonderful faces. It made me want to be a better friend. It made me want to make more friends and surround myself with wonderful people. Thanks for those who are in my life and make me happy!
LOVE THE BANNER!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!
ReplyDelete