Man it's been awhile! Lots has happened in the past few weeks. Do you think I took pictures of anything? Ha ha, nope. So this is a boring word post, but hopefully at the end of this week I'll have some new pictures to post.
Starting back a few weeks, finals are over! It actually wasn't too bad. In fact, it was quite easy. I felt like I needed to pinch myself to see if I was actually getting credit. I think it's a combo of being in the right place with the right major. I wasn't sleep deprived, starving, or dying for sickness. What a miracle :)
Next came finding a place to live. I probably went thought 15-20 apt./houses. I've decided I'm picky. I've lived in lots of different places and have had a ton of roommates, so I guess I've developed quite the check list. Ultimately, I've been looking for a cute house. I wanted washer/dryer, my own room, a nice back yard where I could plant a few things, and a light cute kitchen, and north of BYU. After weeks of searching I finally found a place. But because of conflicting schedules, I was only able to drop my stuff off. After I put my room together, I'll post some pictures.
After dropping my stuff off, I packed up my car and headed home for a week. I don't get to be home very often, so I was really looking forward to spending some time. However, I have no clue what I did because the week went way to fast and I don't quite know what I did to fill the time. My mom kept me busy, but still.
Friday came and I headed to Las Vegas to visit my sister. Let me just say, that is one of the ugliest drives! I don't know why anyone lives south of St. George. Ick! But I made it down and the fun started! We first headed across town to the Las Vegas Temple. I like to go to new temples when I can, so we thought it would be quite fun. I couldn't believe how out of the way it is though. Maybe when it was originally built it was more noticeable, but now it's quite hard to find. But we made it and went inside. It was the oddest thing, it was as if they has never had people come for baptisms before. We had to be escorted by security guards and there was no one else there. Quite weird. But it was nice all the same. The rest of the time we spent shopping. My sister needed a totally new outfit. We spent all day finding her wonderfully cute things. I felt like Stacey off of "What not to Wear". In the end we had 15 shirts and 5 pairs of shorts/capris. We hit the jackpot. It was more fun for me because I wasn't the one who had to swipe the card :) But overall, it was a wonderful trip. It was just nice to be with my sister and to see her in her environment :) Not to mention the weather was perfect!
Now I'm back home and having to face work and moving. That's the only down side to talking time off. Oh well, I just need to get in my groove again. It's now officially summer...although you couldn't tell with the weather.
Have a great week!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Seriously. The weather needs to be reminded that it should be sunny outside!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had fun in Vegas. I wish I could have been there. You guys are fun.
ReplyDelete