Summer time brings lots of expectations, past memories, and lots of fun. Lots of things combined make "summer" really summer. There are so many things I love to do in the summer.
#1- my traditional first-of-the-season burn. My dad was asking me the other day if I've done it yet. This made me realize that in fact, it is a tradition. Every year I go through a cycle thinking that perhaps this is an unwise tradition, you know skin cancer and all. But by the time the sun finally comes out and winter is gone, I am so ready to do nothing but sit in the sun :)
#2- I LOVE SUMMER TRIPS! I love spending weekends with friends and family. As tradition, I have my annual cousin's party weekend. This tradition is not to be messed with, it's been in place as long as I've been alive (or close to it). I also have the family reunions we all look forward to. Other than that, I'm just excited for the short weekend trips, the summer holiday's (I'm having a 4th of July party this year), and lots of sun :) Last summer, my best friend got me addicted to water toys. I swore it wasn't for me, but in the end Puff stole my heart and I fear that I may prefer it to 4-wheeling (I can't believe I'm saying this).
#3- The smell of fire. Living in dry Southern Utah, I am accustom to the mid summer wild fires that start. Although this may not be a good traditions, it's tightly woven into my summer memories and I link fire to summer. So in fact, I do love the smell of fire. It just does something to my soul...it can't be explained.
#4- SHOES!!!! Oh what a weak spot for me. Don't worry, my summer sandal purchases are already done. But who doesn't love sassy sandals with cute toes?
#5- BBQ, oh help me Rhonda. I would eat everything grilled if I was allowed to. When I was home last summer, my family got tired of eating everything grilled, but I just can't help it. I'm almost positive everything taste better grilled; squash, corn, meat, pineapple, mushrooms, corn and fish are some of my favorites. Last year my aunt grilled pineapple rings and then we put them on vanilla bean ice cream-death by grill. I think that's what I'll put on my headstone when I die :)
#6- Water, more specifically tubing down the rive at Zion's National Park. The summer I worked there I think I went almost weekly. I just love water. The past few years I haven't done much with it, but this year I don't care. I think I would like to go to Lagoon and 7 peaks.
#7- This is a new one that I'm starting this summer. Remember as a child you would do the library's summer reading program? They'd have some way for you to count how many pages you read and then some incentive? I've never been much of a reader, but I want to change that. Good news, I'm already half way through my first book. Any book suggestions are welcome. But they have to be your most favorite book, since I don't read much I have to read only the best :)
I could probably go on and on, but this is what I'm most looking forward to. I hope you will all be apart of my summer.
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun list! Ahhh yes, grilled pineapple. mmmmmm.
ReplyDeleteP.S. The blogs name is "my life through the lens". I really like your writing. Don't stop. Just add pictures!!!!
ReplyDelete4 wheelers can eat Puff's WAKE! It's like 100000x's bettah!
ReplyDeleteOh I love your summer list! I am currently reading "The happiness project" by Gretchen Ruben. It is a simple read with good insight about life.
ReplyDelete