Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Last night in my Social Work class we were talking about suicide prevention. We had a guest speaker come in and share some experiences from her time in the ER. She shared lots of heart breaking stories, but she also shared something very interesting.

Have the past few weeks been rough for anyone else? I can think of 4 people besides myself who have also struggled the past few weeks.

Well our guest speaker said that in the past two weeks she has been involved in four suicide cases. She commented on how that is very strange and she wonders what's been going on.

WOW. What do you think has been going on? I mean it's one thing to have a bad day or even a week. But it's another thing to have everyone around you having multiple bad weeks. She thought perhaps it was Seasonal Disorder.

Don't you think that is odd? My mind is still mulling it over. Maybe it's more interesting to me because I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with me, what I could do to change my behavior. This made me feel much better that it wasn't just me.

But I think as a whole, everyone is doing better. The sun has come out, spring is starting to come, and it's all looking up.

Hope you all have a happy day!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that what they call SAD? Pretty crazy stuff. I'm glad the sun has come out too.

    ReplyDelete

Followers