Sunday, March 21, 2010

Just kidding!

Ok, so maybe we didn't do full body waxing...

Best friends are an interesting relationship. It's full of quirky thing, inside jokes, dark secrets, compromise, and the power to make the other person laugh no matter what. Holiday's are also a big deal, always trying to find the "perfect" gift, or plan the perfect event. This explains my relationship with my best friend.

So for her birthday I got hockey tickets :) We spent a fun day in SLC. We found a fun authentic Chinese market. All it took was the sign on the door and we were pulling into the parking lot. 50 feet from the door and you could smell "China". We had quite the walk down memory lane. They had a fresh produce section and we found several treasures. One-a lotus root. This was one of our favorite dishes while we were in China. By the time we were done, both our arms were full of goodies (I even got a small steamer). We were so excited to go home and cook :)

But on to the game-I'm not much into this kind of stuff. But as the above stated, it's about sacrifices. Rach is always talking about going to a hockey game, so I put on my best game face and off we went. It was fun. We saw several fights, had lots of screaming, and even had concession stand snacks.

It was quite the day. We had fun toddling around.




















P.S. The food wasn't very good. It was too Chinese and we have been home way too long to think it's good anymore. But it was fun.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I think it's funny that you lost your "taste" for the food. Some things are better left as memories. :o)

    p.s. my word verification for this comment was "chine". Weird!

    ReplyDelete

Followers