I work in the mornings, so I'm the first person in the office every day. As all the employee's come in they usually will sit a few minutes and chat with me. One lady in particular always sits for about 10-15 min. Today was no different, except is was. Today she talked about the large tax return she was getting, their success in gambling, and showed off her pricey valentine's jewelry. Her husband has a good job and loves to buy her expensive things. She showed off her gold bracelet with rubies and diamonds and was mad that he spent so much on it. "It's just a stupid bracelet". I thought to myself...hummm, how would it be.
See for most of us, we live from paycheck to paycheck. Most of the time I don't care. But today I started day-dreaming. What would it be like? As I started thinking I came up with a whole list of things I'd go right out and get. I'd got buy a new spring wardrobe, complete with new shoes, purse, and accessories. I'd book a first-class plane ticket somewhere exotic. But to avoid getting depressed I stopped thinking :) I realize that she's a good 20+ years older than me...that makes a difference right?
As I kept thinking, I realized that although I'm not doing back flips into a pool of cash, I have been provided for. I have all my needs taken care off, I've been blessed with just enough to go to school (a miracle in itself), and I even get to eat out every now in then. What more could a girl ask for?
I'll just stay here in my little patch of dirt and count my blessings :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I get there every so often. For the most part I do pretty good with my nose to the grind stone and blinders on, but every now and then I just want to drive a car again, not a rust bucket. I want a big tub to soak in and money to buy all the flowers and shrubs I want for my yard. I want to add on to my house or buy a bigger one. I want I want I want. And then, just like you, I put away the list and remember how well we are taken care of. All of our needs are met. What percentage of the world can say that?
ReplyDeleteGood post, by the way.