For some reason, this disaster has really hit me personally. I want to go over and help. But I am stuck in school and have no "marketable" (i.e. medical, construction, translation) skills. However, my uncle who has been a master construction worker here in Utah Valley for many years had a great connection and is currently in Haiti as we speak. Via text messages, we know he has made it safely.
He will spend the next 3 weeks doing whatever he can do to build and help the people. I'm hoping my sister will get the opportunity to go, she has great medical skills. She has applied for the program, so we'll see if she gets picked.
You can check out the video here my uncle is floating around in several shots.
Keep praying for Haiti!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uhhh, no skills? Ethnographic Disaster Historical Photography. Document the ramifications of the disaster on the culture through photo. :) There you go.
ReplyDelete