Sunday, January 3, 2010

Man it's been a crazy few weeks. I had such good intentions for my break and alas none of it really happened. Mostly I just ran :) I had my great-grandma's 88th birthday party. What fun!

Then I packed up and headed home for Christmas. My little sister and I made ginger cookies Christmas eve because no matter how old you are, Santa still needs a treat :) Christmas morning was fine. My little sister did have a great morning though, if you look carefully those are tears of joy as she got her kitty, Chole. As I've gotten older it's just not the same. Thankfully I have younger siblings and that makes it more fun, but I'm in vote of a vacation instead of opening gifts. One day...

Usually my dad makes a wonderful dinner on Christmas, but this year my sister made the feast.

Then my attention went to finishing things for my extended New Year's party. I was so busy running around I didn't get any pictures taken, sorry. We have 47 people that get together for parts of three days. Sound fun? It mostly is. This year we had some fun and enjoyed each other. My uncles were kind enough to do a mechanic demo and boy did I learn a lot! I have a list of things to fix on my car; radiator cap, air up spare tire, oil change, rotate tires, replace windshield wipers. I don't know about everyone else, but I now feel confident about changing my own tire (lame I know). Thanks uncles!

Over all it was good, but I'm back home fighting off a cold and getting ready to go back to school. I think I'm ready for a schedule and to be moving forward with my life. I learned a very important lesson today-trusting in God creates peace in our lives.

So Happy New Year!











1 comment:

Followers