Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tonight my thoughts are as usual, many and random.

First, the people in Haiti. As I sat watching the news tonight I couldn't even wrap my mind around it. What do you do in that type of situation? If that happened here, where would you even start? These people are injured, thousands dead, no food/water. I am still in shock. It's so easy to just go about our daily lives (which I've been doing), but tonight I stopped to see what was going on-my mind is reeling. There have been so many disasters in the world but this time it has affected me more than any of the others. I just keep thinking, what can I do? The only thought that keeps coming to my head is "photograph it". Me being in Utah and well Haiti being where it is, I don't know how that is possible.

My prayers are in their behalf tonight. May we each do what we can to assist. I know it's hard when we're here, but read this article . Remember that they are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints too. We have a responsibility not only to our fellow church members, as Christians, but also as God's children. We must get our hands involved!

May God comfort those in pain and darkness tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers