Monday, October 4, 2010

My poor blog has been abandoned....*sniff sniff* The truth is I have nothing to write about. I do the same thing week after week and mostly it's just crazy stressful things anyways, and who wants to hear about that?

But I do have a few things I can write about from the past week.

Last week I attended an event I was looking forward to all month. My trusty friend who is always on the look out for me, found this event at BYU and I was bouncing in my seat all month. BYU is doing a campaign about redefining beauty and I'll all over that! This is a lady who against all odds has decided to be happy and love herself. Isn't that something we all should learn? I was really excited to hear the secret she had to tell me on what defines true beauty. I knew that from all the hard things she's gone through the past few years she would have the one key I was missing, the one ah-ha moment I hadn't come across yet, or the formula of success (do A and you will get B). I guess I didn't realize how much expectation I put on her talk. It was a lovely evening, but to my disappointment I walked away feeling well, disappointed. I think I finally figured out why, I didn't get the ah-ha I was looking for, wanna know why? Because there is no secret. There is no formula or grand definition. It's a personal journey for each person and beauty has to be defined by the individual. She's learned how to be happy and what it means for her to be beautiful and we must do the same. Darn it, why can't life just be easy? Can't for once someone just solve my problems? :)

Then this weekend is was CONFERENCE TIME!!!! This should be a holiday for sure. I mean the best way to celebrate this is to be with family and to be a bum (aka: PJ's, yummy food, naps). I love that conference is twice a year, it's just the right timing to recharge your batteries. And that's what conference does for me each time. I LOVE to hear from our leaders and to get current guidance. I always come away with things I can do better and areas I can improve. This is how I'd summarize the messages at conference: You can trust God because He loves you. Satan has no power over us because we have our agency, we choose how much power we give him. By looking to the prophet we will never be led astray. Isn't that great? I just felt so loved and gently encouraged to do better. It seems like last conference it was more of a smack down, but this time it just felt like "make sure your foundation is solid and hold on for the ride." I'm still basking in the joy of conference.

My goal this week is to manage my stress better, do am/pm yoga, and get my homework done before the weekend. Wanna know why? My mom and sister are coming for fun Fall filled weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers