Can someone please tell me what day it is? This week I feel like I've been in the eye of a tornado. I sort of feel like Dorthy on the Wizard of Oz, you know the scene where she's sitting on her bed while the house is spinning and she see things though the window? The mean lady on the bike, her aunt/uncle, etc. ? Yeah that's me this week. Thankfully I'm staying put, but the world around me is spinning. All week I've been a confused mess. Usually I have a pretty good handle on things, like what day it is. But not this week.
On Monday I packed my backpack with my Tuesday class stuff.
Tuesday morning, a small panic attack as I thought I was heading to the wrong class and instead needed to turn around and go to a different class where I had a test (that I'd not studied for)...all to realize that it was still only TUESDAY and I was going to the right class! Then later that day as I was sitting in class and the teacher was talking about an assignments, I flipped out remembering that I didn't do the assignment. Panic stricken, I started thinking of ways I could beg my teacher to turn it in late. Finally I leaned over to my classmate and said, "Sarah, what day is it?" To my saving grace she reminded me that it was only Tuesday and that this project wasn't due till next Thursday. Oh ok.
Thankfully my planner kept me on task yesterday, but when someone asked me what day it was I drew a blank. I had no idea. I knew I had a meeting that day. I knew I had a group project. I knew I had an interview with the bishop. I had written down all the assignments I needed to do. But no idea what day it was. How does that happen? How can you really not know what day it is?
So today, I keep saying "today is Thursday, today is Thursday."
My attempts all week to be super productive have been slightly thwarted. I don't feel like I've done anything. I printed off 8 articles (adding up to about 150 pages) I need to read ASAP and can't seem to focus long enough get them done.
Tomorrow (being Friday) my mom and sister are coming for a fun filled weekend. So Today (Thursday) I need to be productive.
And still I sit here staring off into space.....
What day is it?
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Monduesthurwednesday. :) Don't worry, time is relative.
ReplyDelete