Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog's Day




Yes it is that time of year! Perhaps the most celebrated (or looked forward to) day in my family. That's right, it's Groundhog's day.

Funny story. My younger sister, who is 7, called Sunday night totally depressed. The only time I have ever heard her sound this sad was when her cat ran away (she cried for weeks). She was crushed that she had school, that my parents had to work, and that her sisters had a youth group activity that they couldn't get out of. She was certain that her life was ruined and that our family was no longer going to celebrate holiday's. Her life was completely over.

Well despite her gloomy forecast, I think the day went well for them. Monday night they took around treats and put paper groundhog's in people's yards. This morning they did some calling to friends and family, and I'm sure they are doing dinner and a movie.

So the forecast: Six more weeks of winter

So wood-chuck-chukers....I hope you all watched the movie or at least said "Happy Ground Hog's Day" to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers