To lighten things up a bit, to day I am grateful for the era I live in. This may sound funny, but when you think about it I wouldn't/couldn't live without some of the basic daily comforts. This was inspired by a party I went to last night. Here in Yee-Ha Utah, we celebrate the 24th of July as the day the pioneers came into Utah valley. It's a pretty big celebration and lots of people like to do reenactments (I myself did a 3 day pioneer trek). While I'm grateful for my ancestors and their sacrifice in getting to this valley, I have never wanted to "go back to my roots" and turn to a more natural and simple lifestyle. I just can't do it! I don't want to give up my AC, electricity, technology, and open mindedness that comes with living in 2009. I dare say if our great-great-great grandparents saw how things were today, they would shake their heads :) But I for one am grateful for the good that comes out of 2009. Yes, I'd say there is more violence, more crime, more evil in the world today than 100 years ago, but I believe we all have our own struggles. Just think about it for a minute.

Looks peaceful? Perhaps, but the outfits? all the manual labor? No phone ringing for this lady, no cell alarm telling her she's late for afternoon milking. But really? Nope,not for me.

What about living in an era of pure genius'? I've always thought it would be cool to live in such an inspiring age, fighting for woman's rights, having tea with the society ladies. But think about it? Pretty sure I would be in the sweat shop-not upper class. Glad we had this era and super grateful for the things that came out of this era, but it did it all without me being there :)

Ohh....my fairytale. Living in a beautiful castle, ornate dresses, servants, parties, knights that steal your heart. But have you ever thought how drafty a castle is? Hello!?!?! cold floors.
These are some of my favorite things, yes I'm very grateful for them. Spoiled? Depends on how you look at it. Grateful? You bet!


Honestly-air travel...come on.

I realize this is extremely materialistic, but I truly am grateful for the era I live in, the opportunities that I am able to enjoy, and the luxury I get to indulge in occasionally. I truly am appreciative for the people who have gone before me and their contributions to what my life is now. I'm grateful for the the examples of hard work, perseverance, courage, and faith of pivotal people throughout history. I am grateful to be living in 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment