We all have experiences(good and bad)-but I don't like to label them as either "good" or "bad" because really it is our perspective and out reaction to situations that gives labels. We've all had unpleasant things happen to us that some people might call "bad" but it ends up being a life changing experience that makes you a better person. Anyways, pleasant or not I have my list of experiences that I have pinpointed as pivot points of change and growth in my life.

First and foremost is my faith. It is probably the biggest contributor to who I am. I have had too many experiences to name, but I know that God lives and that He knows us individually. To learn more about my faith visit here
*The rest of the items I have listed are not in any specific order*

I'm grateful for the opportunity to work at Zion National Park for a summer. I was afraid to branch out of my comfort zone this much, but it turned out to be exactly what I needed! I learned that I can do more than I think and if I try, I can probably do it.

This was an experience of a lifetime. This was my first opportunity to travel and boy did I cover a lot of area (all the red dots). This opened my eyes to the world and the possibilities it offers. I visited some of the most amazing places and had so much fun! This was my start of my travel addiction.

Having the opportunity to attend school here was a great blessing. For my first time living away from home, I couldn't have picked a better place. I grew in all areas of my life and picked up some wonderful friends along the way.
Teaching English is China probably is my most significant-life changing experience. Living in a foreign country for 6 months was difficult, teaching over 600 student was a challenge, but it proved to be such a "good" experience for me. From that, I have grown so much. The lesson I needed to learn the most; Attitude is everything and will make all the difference.

Last but not least, I found a positive thing from high school. Being a member of this club (yes, I know that sounds cheesy) was one of the best thing for me. I grew leaps and bounds while being a member for over 2 years. I think my confidence for life sprouted at this point.
The posts this week are so fun! I'm excited to read the rest of them:)
ReplyDeleteYou have accomplished so much so young, that's great Stacey!
ReplyDelete