

Holly Jolly!
Isn't Christmas break wonderful!
After a long, hard semester Christmas break has been a bit of heaven. I've been doing Christmas projects, being the official taste tester for holiday goodies, taking naps, reading fun books, and staying in my PJ's.
Christmas morning finally came-it's caused me much lack of sleep (sense the sarcasm). But with some excited younger sisters, we finally got to open gifts. If it weren't for the fun younger kids bring-I would boycott Christmas morning. But seeing as we still have young kids around, there were squeals and giggles and lots of hopping around.
Everyone got something special, but were especially excited to give their gifts. I had a fun gift up my sleeve. My sister has lots of old t-shirts-you know we all have them. The ones from high school clubs and a shirt we got from a tourist shop...but after you wash them, they do weird things and they become unwearable. So I had collected a whole bag of her shirts and made them into a quilt. A labor of love for sure! But I was happy with how it turned out!
But most of all, I'm grateful for all the little things that make my holiday season complete. As the years go by I find myself being more and more sentimental about my favorite things. It's the quiet nights by the Christmas tree with all the lights off except the tree lights. It's the movies we watch each season. And it's the singing around the piano. It's my parents sharing Christmas stories and the yummy meals around the dinner table.
But most of all, this year I'm grateful for my family. My parents are golden and my sisters make me laugh.
And really
Isn't that what the holiday seasons are for?
I hope you all have a great holiday season!
LOVE the quilt! Good idea! And I'm glad you had a good Christmas:)
ReplyDelete