





Life has its ups and downs, big events, happy moments, and things we'll call "landmark" events. I would say some landmark events are baptism day, turning 16 and being able to drive, graduating from high school, first semester in college, missions, and marriages. One additional event I would add is going through the temple. This day has been long and coming for me. Since I'm not dating anyone-marriage seems a ways off. And I've decided that I won't be serving a mission (right now anyways), so I've just been waiting until I was "ready".
Now the word ready is an interesting word. First of all, what does one need to be ready for? And how do you know when you're ready for an experience? This is something I've asked myself for years. But one day, a switch was flipped and I just knew it was time. With lots of emotions and lots of preparation, the day finally came. Bright and early my parents and I headed to the temple.
What a wonderful experience-that's about all I can form into words. I was overwhelmed by the love of my family and of my Heavenly Father. I had most of my aunts and uncles attend. I was amazed at the blessings that our Heavenly Father gives to each of us. And I was overcome with a burning testimony that this is the true church-with all power, keys, and authority. I literally feel armed with God's power.
Like my uncle said, "it's kind of like taking a drink from a fire hydrant". I felt like I knew everything, but nothing at the same time.
But what a wonderful day!
For those interested in temples and why we have temples them, you can read this
Oh how wonderful! I love reading your blog...
ReplyDelete