Monday, July 12, 2010

Mary, Mary quite contrary
How does your garden grow?


One of my favorite parts of summer is the good food, more specifically the fresh garden food. My favorite summer meal is beef tomatoes w/mozzarella and basil, fresh corn, crunchy green beans, steamed summer squash, and watermelon for dessert.

When I moved to my new place, I was excited to start a garden. It's been a month and a half and it's just now finally looking like we might be able to get something out of it. My roommate and I check on it every day. I kind-of feel like a giddy child, but I can't help it! Let's play I Spy for a minute...just humor me ok?



Look at these cute Roma tomatoes :)


And my beef steak tomatoes


And if you look really close, you can see my peas (I may only get 5, but that's ok)


Our squash, if they decide to produce might overtake us...it's my roommates fault.


And last but not least, our basil!!!


AND NOW FOR THE EXCITING NEWS:

Our first crop! Oh how exciting!!!



After all this excitement, I took this cute reusable bag my sister bought me in Vegas



And went to town. I have zero desire to cook, so fresh stuff it is!


1 comment:

  1. Aww Stace...that's so fun. I wish I had my very own garden!

    ReplyDelete

Followers