Thursday, July 1, 2010

As a kid, I was part fish. I loved swimming and being in water. However, as I got older I became uncomfortable with who I was and stopped doing activities that I enjoyed out of fear of what others might think and what I would look like doing those activities. Well I'm tired of being on the sidelines, so I bought a swimming suit (haven't owned one since I was 12) and jumped back into the water. Oh it was lovely. It was so fun to be in water. Not to get to deep and emotional, I'll just say it was so empowering to break down personal barriers.

Anyways...moving on. The weather wasn't great (in fact we got rained out), but we still had fun. We would go play with the water toys that squirted cold water and then jump back into the main pool and it would be much warmer. We tired the water slides and Lou made me do the fast, steep on. We dove for swimming rings and played in the lazy river. I even got to even out my tan line. I was tempted to sit on the sidelines and tan/read a book...but playing by yourself in the pool is no fun.







I still think I would like to go to 7 peaks this summer. I would like to float in the lazy river all day. I'm also looking forward to this festive weekend for some more water fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers