Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This morning as I rolled out of bed and staggered into the bathroom, I discovered my peeling nose. You know what that must mean....FAMILY REUNION! It is summer time you know and I can't think of anything else I'd rather do than gather with a large crowd of people I haven't seen for years and roast in the sun. Well I'm only being half sarcastic. In the past I've done whatever necessary to get out of family reunions. But now I'm feeling repentant. In my wise old years, I realize that family is really quite important. Every two years we have a big Leavitt family reunion, that includes my grandpa's siblings and down four generations. We had quite a large crowd and have to wear color coordinating shirts to identify which part of the family tree we come from. This year, it was a smaller gathering of only 130ish folks. But wanna know something cool? I knew by name about 85% of them. I truly enjoyed seeing old faces (since I skipped out on the last reunion. I didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked because our family was hosting, so there was lots of work to do. But I still enjoyed very much seeing my family heritage and the wonderful people I call relatives. There were so many cute daddy's, sweet wives, and bunches of cute kids.

With three days to fill, we had quite the array of activities. My grandma put a full years work into every detail, including; a grand flag ceremony, a kids hike, games (by Aunt K), and the grand shabang....the washboard band! That's right. Our family preformed a one-of-a-kind performance. Amid the ciaos, we pulled it together! I have a few pictures to represent the fun we had. But guess what? I lost my camera for one day and so most the pictures I took were on a borrowed camera (I'm lame I know).

Highlights for me:
Lakeside fun
Julie's action skills (table dance)

All in all, it was great weekend. Sunburned, bug bites, and sleep deprived to prove it!












And what would a reunion be with out a table dance?

1 comment:

  1. I am in AWE of your family's ability to gather, organize and most importantly. . . have FUN! We aspire to be like you guys some day. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Followers