Wednesday, June 23, 2010

If I close my eyes and think really hard, I can remember a beautiful day when I was younger, much younger. When it was just my sister and I and mom and dad. I was wearing a red striped shirt and had curly blond hair. This was an exciting day I remember. It could be because we didn't do much, but most likely I just don't remember anything quite as exciting. See, today we were at Bridal Veil Falls. Walking through the park, my sister and I ran around chasing bunnies up the little hills. Out of the corner of my eye, my dad followed, carrying handfuls of rabbit food. After we had exhausted all our bunny catching skills and still were not able to out wit the little things, my dad would magically catch one and let us pet it. As we continued out walk, we found little goats, peacocks, and other small animals. If that wasn't enough, we crossed a bridge and walked into a busy little shop and I picked out a watermelon lolly pop, almost too big to fit in my mouth. With a sucker in tow, the four of us hopped into a wonderful glass tram and up the mountain we rode. I remember being so excited. My sister and I ran from one side of the cart to the other. So many things to see! Finally reaching the top, we went crazy. Guess what we found? Chipmunks running around everywhere! All we had to do was put money in a machine that gave us chipmunk food and hold out our hands and we were surrounded by cute little animals. What more could we ask for? My little childhood dreams were fulfilled. This was a great day.





Well years have past and my family moved. But within the last year, I have moved back to this beautiful area and for the first time in 18 years, I went back to this happy childhood spot. What a wonderful day it was. A lot has changed and due to the multiple avalanches, this spot has now just become a nice river walk. But it wasn't hard to remember what it used to look like. My friend and I had a lovely picnic by the river and dipped our feet into the freezing mountain water.





We finished the day off with lovely snow cones. Yummm...to be carefree and happy.


P.S. This on is called "frog in a blender"...green on the outside, red on the inside. I think it's sick :)

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, how magical. I remember riding the tram and getting lollipops too. Haircut?

    ReplyDelete

Followers