I've been in dreamy la-la land this week. It's been a wonderful week. But more than that, I've been dreaming of what I wish I was like. The cause: my blog reading addiction. Blogs are so fun to follow. I have a handful I look at daily. My dream is to have a famous blog full of wonderful pictures, fun adventures, and intriguing posts. But alas, my blog is quite boring. I post every now and then but it's never clever, cute, or witty.
But since I don't have a famous blog, I look at famous blogs. So let me take you on a tour of my thought process this week. This post will take some work to get he full effect. You're going to have to click on the links and follow my train of thought. I know...that could be scary :)
It's Monday and I roll out of bed and head to work. After opening up the office, I start my usual blog checking routine.
First up, Bobbi+Mike . I love Bobbie+Mike. I want to be like them some day. They are amazing photographers and they take amazing pictures. I can spend hours looking through their portfolio. I think I'm going to spend my entire wedding budget on having them come out here, no dress, food, invites, just Bobbi+Mike. They are just that amazing! Not to mention they have fun personalities. Anyways, their post for this week was amazing. ( Bobbi photographed a fellow blogger who cooks. The photo shoot was amazing. Please click in the link to see Annie's food blog) Look at her taking the cookies out of the oven, dreamy. Look at her cute aprons. She has the cutest smile in the world, I bet she never has a bad day :) Not to mention her food looks amazing.
Looking at her blog led to at least an hour looking through old blog post. Each page I was more and more addicted. Her bacon-cheddar sconces looked yummy, tropical carrot cake looked like something I should bake my mother, and then if you go to page six you will see her wall of amazingness. Are you kidding? I want a wall full of bright canvas' that I've both baked and photographed (idea for future kitchen).
See I like food. I like to smell it, look at cook books, cook it, travel to it, and most of all eat it. So this lit my fire. I started dreaming out a light airy kitchen, full of specialty kitchen tools and fresh food, patience like a fairy godmother, and a wonderful farmers market down the road (that sells fresh vanilla beans).
Yet to my despair, I've always had icky kitchens. Anyone who has ever had roommates knows what I'm taking about. Scientists I'm sure could find lots of new types of diseases. In fact, not much cooking takes place amidst the pile up of dirty dishes and the counters covered with icky things. And anything you take to an apt. becomes fair game...so there is no point buying nice kitchen things because they get ruined and taken. Sorry, no pity party intended.
So then I got looking at links that Annie had on her food blog like this one and this one . Equally cute blogs.
Then I checked my next regular blog, Pioneer Woman . Her whole site is awesome, but her food tab is good and she now has her own cooking blog which always has fun tasty things.
So after all this food talk, I wanted to be in a perfect kitchen, in an apron, cooking something amazing....NOW.
So my solution is to create a recipe jar. Yes, a cute jar full of recipes that sound good and I want to make but never get around to making them. Once a month (maybe more if it turns out good) I will randomly draw one out and spend an afternoon cooking. Sound fun? I hope so. My goal is to satisfy my cooking itch, make new yummy food, and start working on my canvas collection.
So if you've make it through my thought process, congrats. But admit it, now you want to cook :)
Have a fab weekend!
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I disagree, you manage to be clever, cute, and witty on occasion, yea even frequently. I made it through your train of thought and I'm still having a cupcake conundrum.
ReplyDeleteI made it through!!! Fun blogs. I always like finding fun new blogs. I couldn't find the canvases in the kitchen though. I want to see!! I'm collecting kitchen inspiration too. I have a whole file on the computer for kitchen photos. And I agree with "the bag-ette" I always enjoy reading your posts. They are clever and always give me something to think about.
ReplyDelete