Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ho Ho Ho!

I've been on a lying streak and I'm here to make it all right.

I didn't get my pictures to my cousin on time and now I'm sure she hates me :)

I didn't post pictures of my weekend.

Now that I got that off my chest....let's talk about these little Christmas soldiers that marched straight from heaven and onto my aunt's table.

Skeptical? Don't worry I had anxiety that this would be a repeat of my bagel making experience (one incident that made me swear). But don't worry I've made three batches and I am here to say this is the most amazing secret that the mellow elves have been hiding. And yes, I do feel healthier eating these :)

Let's start from the beginning



First you make mix various forms of hot sugar with gelatin and then pour it out and let it sit for 6 hours. Then you get this block of very sticky white yummyness.



Then you roll them into candy cane dust



And then you get these individual squares...



Are they really that much better you ask?



Oh Santa hold me back...



They really are just that good. In fact if you put them in a nice steamy cup of hot choco they become like marshmallow cream. The candy cane dust is just enough to make you verbally make a "mmmmmmm" sound. Just enough to make the cranky office lady like you? I guess we'll see :)

So you see if you haven't gotten the Christmas spirit yet just whip up a batch of these holiday fluffs.

I guarantee your heart will grow three sizes and maybe your socks might fit a little bit better. If not, just add another marshmallow!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm, wish I was that ambitious! You did not lie, and no I do not hate you. Love the pictures! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still craving them. Too bad we ate the whole bag in one sitting. Now I have to be brave and try them myself. Next week. This week is crazy busy. But next week I will make these!! Thanks for bringing the joy into my life.

    ReplyDelete

Followers