Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Continues...

I'm finally starting to feel that I have done enough Fall activities, that I might be ok with the idea of winter slowly coming upon us. The past two weekends I've done some awesome activities. Last weekend was was the harvest at my grandparents house, but I already posted pictures of that event. However, it was also my birthday and so I got spoiled a bit :) My best friend knew me all too well and took me to Thanksgiving Point to do their corn maze, my cousin was also able to come. What a fun night we had!


It was too late this year, but next year I am definitely trying out for the pumpkin princess pageant. Look at the cool carriage you get to ride in :)


We passed this stupid number 3 so many times, the last time we passed it we wanted to scream.




Pumpkin tower! There were some pretty awesome pumpkins. I think it's about time to carve mine this year.




This weekend we choose to be a little more culturally minded. We visited the Hari Krishna Temple and celebrated the harvest with the celebration of the Diwali light festival. All the festivities started at 6pm with a very informational slide show. Basically, "it is a time of thanksgiving, and that corollary festival is called Anna Kuta (literally meaning, “heaps of food”) Lord Krishna inaugurated this festival by inspiring the inhabitants of His village (Vrndavan) to worship the cows on this one day per year and to prepare a huge celebratory feast consisting of no less than 108 preparations." To read more, you can check out their site. For them, it is their New Year's celebration. Getting rid of the bad Karma and sending new selfless wishes out to the Gods. It really was such a fun night. We had some authentic Indian food, watched traditional folk dancing, and ended the night by firework show and lighting of wishes.





Notice Kent's Henna ring. He's had a little too much Henna fun :)









Sorry this is a long post, but man have I had some fun fall activities. I had a really cool video to post, but it's taking way too long. Perhaps it will work tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Wahoo! You fun chick. I've never done the "hairy christian" thing. :o) Sounds way fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you are having so much fun! I'm excited for Gardner Village next week:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers