Taking up a new hobby you ask? No, I'm learning to play a new musical instrument. We have a large family reunion coming up next summer and my grandma is determined we will have the most amazing band put together of my whole family of 45. Sound fun? With these washboards how could it not? It is very much a labor of love, have you ever tested a spoon to see its musical qualities? It's difficult, yes floss is the only way to test the true sound.
Sooz and I also went to see "Julie and Julia". I haven't liked a movie in a very long time, but this one made the cut. It was funny and pretty clean. It's all about cooking and blogging (2 things I enjoy very much, so much it inspired me to do both). The main recipe the movie talks about is Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon. So feeling adventures and hungry we ventured out to make this recipe. The only thing I can say is WOW! It was defiantly a labor intensive, but totally worth it. The beef was cooked to perfection, wonderfully juicy and tender. The sauce was so thick and creamy it was almost a sin. It was fun though, we felt very Julia Child ;) If you're ever in the mood for fall heaven, look up the recipe!
All in all, I'd say it was a wonderful week. I even got to see my mom and some of my sisters.
Below are highlights of the week. Oh, the pictures of me on the bottom was a photo shoot I had while I was there. I hate taking my picture (ironic I know), but I needed one for my bio page for my new website. To see the one I picked you'll just have to wait. What do you think...not so bad huh? Thanks Sooz!
Are there really 45 people in our family? That's a lot. I've never counted. Love the pictures! I don't know why you don't like getting your picture taken, you look great! Snaps for Sooz!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't she look gorgeous? She even pulls off the "spoons and floss in her teeth" look.
ReplyDeleteJust wait till you see the picture she picked for her sight. She is stunning!
you guys are too sweet. It was a combo of sooz's natural talent and a really lucky colored wall. These are the best pictures of my I'd say...even better than my senior pictures.
ReplyDeletegosh, I was confused for a second. How does Stacey take her own picture? I wondered. haha I get it, good job Sooz. Those are very neat pictures. You look awesome Stace! Can't wait to see the one on your site.
ReplyDelete